These are Brian's points:
- The literacy rate in the US is 99% for those over the age of 15.
- Our dropout rate has dropped consistently for the last 40 years.
- More students than ever before (22 million, or 69%) will go on to some kind of secondary degree this year.
- Public School graduates annually make up between 55% and 70% of the matriculating freshmen as Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, Stanford, Brown, and Cornell.
- 9 of the last 13 Presidents have gone through the Public School system.
- More than a third of 338 Nobel Prizes won by U.S. citizens have been brought home by public school graduates, more than any other educational system.
- Every Chair of the Federal Reserve for the last 50 years started out as a public school student,
- Six of our Supreme Court Justice are the products of public education.
You can read Brian's article here.